HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, September 30, 2011

A NY Deli Kind of Menu

I’m sure that ever since you read yesterday about me having a slice of one of the most delicious cheesecakes ever made, your mouth has been watering. Lucky for you, I’m sharing some of my favorite eats recently – cheesecake included.

There’s a little traditional N.Y. deli nearby. Chutzpah Deli is the name. The service is fabulous and the food is phenomenal.

Let’s start with the cole slaw because the cole slaw alone could make this place famous. Growing up, I feel like cole slaw was always the random “yucky” side you got with your chicken tenders or grilled cheese sandwich when you had to pay extra for fries. Well, now cole slaw is the cool adult side dish that you ask for extra of. Especially at this place. Yummo!

Behind the cole slaw in this picture is your traditional Reuben sandwich. How could you go wrong with that? Okay, unless you’re like me and don’t eat corned beef. In that case, turkey Reubens are just as tasty.

DSC_2697

Here enters the Moishe Sandwich {described as Reuben’s brother} The only differences in this sandwich are turkey instead of corned beef and cole slaw on the sandwich instead of sauerkraut. Side of potato salad.

DSC_2696

If you’re Polish {like me} the below may look similar to Gołąbki {pronounced go-wumpki} It’s stuffed cabbage so it’s pretty close but, it’s just not as delish.

DSC_2695

Lastly, the moment we’ve all been waiting for…

DSC_2700

Devil’s Food Double Chocolate Cheesecake. After a ton of food, this slice obviously had to be put in a to-go box and was thoroughly enjoyed in two parts. Let’s not even talk about calories right now. It was SO tasty and is just what a girl who has been going through a tough time needs! :) However, the fact that I tend to have an allergic reaction whenever I eat cheese or rich chocolate didn’t help. Ah well. You’ve got to make sacrifices sometimes, right?

Oh, and I also had cooked up some yummy shrimp scampi a while ago! I eat mine without noodles.

DSC_2652

Other than these fun foods, my diet consists of mainly Greek yogurt, tomato sandwiches, and bananas. Just, not together. If I haven’t made you hungry by now, I have failed :)

---

This weekend, I’m planning on taking a fun trip to the National ZOO with my baby niece! It’s been a couple years since I have gone and I couldn’t be more excited – especially since this is her first trip! Give me some picture requests so I don’t hang out at the cheetah exhibit the whole time!

Also, I’ve come across some older pictures – you know, back when I used to travel the world and stuff. I’m thinking about doing a few “back in the day” posts. Let me know if you’d like to see something like that! :)

Have a lovely weekend!! What are your plans?

10 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohhh man this all looks good especially that cake!!

Anonymous said...

oh yum!!! that looks so good

P! said...

Ugh- now I'm starving! Looks so good, wow. Have a great weekend. :)

Sophie @ threetimesf said...

Ha, I always loved coleslaw as a kid, but was always the weirdo among my friends when we went out!

Looks great, have a good weekend :)

Lia Joy said...

Yum. I'm hungry.

And I need pictures of penguins :) Have fun! I love the zoo!! And the zoo here in Fort Worth, TX is amazing!! :)

Anna @ IHOD said...

K even though I just ate...I am feeling hungry again. Yumm-eee. Thanks for stopping by IHOD this week! <3

Katie said...

YUMM!! What kind of camera are you using for these pics? they look great!

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious!!!

natasha {schue love} said...

UMMM can you please mail me that cheesecake?! My mouth is watering!

Anonymous said...

you just made me hungry :( (frown face because i just ate!)