HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday’s Fancies | Labor Day

I can’t believe Labor Day Weekend is already upon us. If I was still in school as a little kiddie, this would be our last weekend of freedom before the school days started yet again. In college, it pretty much would have been just like any other weekend, but in college, who can complain? And now… it’s uh, just Labor Day. An excuse for one more time at the pool, to have a BBQ with friends and family, or to get out on the boat one last time. My Labor Days are usually pretty relaxed.

So, this week as I link up with {av} over at {long distance loving} I’ll be showing you an outfit that would be perfect for my holiday weekend!

Labor Day!


Emanuel Ungaro yellow top
Superdry hot denim shorts, $46
Woven shoes, $11
Proenza Schouler teal leather handbag, $1,595
Geometric jewelry, $28
H m jewelry, $11
Pyramid jewelry, $78
Jane Norman twist jewelry, $5.87

I had originally picked a little floral dress but later decided that I wanted something a bit more casual. This outfit is perfect for a backyard BBQ or an evening at a sidewalk cafe. I’ve yet to personally wear this look {as far as the blouse and denim shorts go} but I think it’s great while the weather is still warm-ish. I’ve chosen lots of color in this outfit since I don’t know what I’d do without colors! Chunky, bold jewelry is kind of my thing right now so obviously I had to go that route :) I also tried to incorporate some fun, geometric shapes!

What are your plans for Labor Day this year? Do you choose the more casual fashion approach or do you tend to dress it up a bit?

11 comments:

asj said...

love this outfit and the bright colors! I definitely take the casual fashion approach on weekends!

Simply Camylla said...

LOVE this outfit!! the yellow and blue are one of my favorite combinations! I'd wear that in a heart beat!! hehe

Ashley said...

lovin that outfit soo cute!

hope you have a great weekend!!

Lauren said...

I looove it, I'm super into yellow right now even though it's sometimes hard for me to pull off. I would wear this. The offer to be my personal stylist still stands ;)

Anonymous said...

love this! you have great taste girlie :)

ashlyn | nicole said...

love the outfit chels! super cute.
yellow is such a pretty color, but i really don't own much of it! hope you have a great holiday weekend!

henning love said...

love yellow and turquoise together, very cute!! a totally fun outfit that makes me think of the summer yellow and blue of the ocean

P! said...

Love the outfit- you have such an eye for fashion. No plans here, just one more day of work and possibly some homework. Enjoy the weekend!! :)

Ashley said...

I'm loving this outfit! The colors are great. Hope you have a great LD weekend :)

Unknown said...

So lovely! I'm such a fan of the colors in this post! Hope you're having a great weekend!

ashley marie wilson said...

hey there, just found your blog :) i'm a va girl.... northern va, as close as you could get to dc and md. lol. your icon image caught my eye, so pretty! the sunset colors are beautiful. i'm a sunset sucker,

ashley
www.laluceimagery.blogspot.com