HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday’s Fancies | Tennessee Style

I’ve been pretty silent in the blog world about my love for the TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!! I’ve had a long-time love affair with that school and TENNESSEE FOOTBALL! Am I from Tennessee? No. Did I go to school at Tennessee? No. Did my family? No. So, why am I such a Vols-fanatic? It’s a long story. And please, just know that it has nothing to do with Peyton Manning.

BUT…

I’ve been a fan for about thirteen or so years now and that will never change!

I said it’s GREAT to be a TENNESSEE VOL!

Here’s a fun tid-bit about me -- I was actually moments away from transferring to Tennessee in college. I had my transcripts turned in and everything but decided to play it safe and stay at my in-state school.

That said, today I’m showing my school spirit while I link up for Friday’s Fancies over at {long distance loving}

Since I can’t magically appear at Neyland Stadium, I’ll most likely be watching the game at a restaurant or in front of my big screen. So, the UT-shirt and cropped jeans are PERFECT! I threw in the nude heels because they’re classy and add a little feminine touch to the rest of the outfit while not going over the top. Tennessee Orange accessories are a must, duh :) Oh, and don’t worry… I won’t be wearing the helmet. Or will I??

In case you can’t already tell, I don’t mess around when it comes to team colors. Go big or go home, friends!!

Fingers crossed that the Vols can beat the Gators this weekend for the first time since 2004! Eek! Tune in to CBS to find out!

What college team is your favorite? Any fellow Rocky Top fans out there?? :)

20 comments:

Lauren Nicole said...

WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! are you kidding me!?! i'm a die hard vol fan til i die, babe. i'm a senior at UT :))

this is so great! i love you even more now!

good ole rocky top, woo! rocky top, tennessee!!!!!

Liz Taylor said...

Girl my papa is the same way!!!! GO UT lol

Beth said...

i love that outfit. i love some vintage NCAA tee's...i just wish they had cute ones for us Gamecock fans.

two of my best friends are HUGE UT fans. so we'll be watching the game at a bar on saturday.

drink up! :)

Katie said...

I never knew this! I love that outfit too. go girl.

Ashley said...

cute outfit!!! love the jeans :)

Anonymous said...

love those jeans! i think i need them. hope you are have a great weekend!

Ashleigh said...

I'm from TN (living in Chicago) and am anything but a Vol fan :) I think it was orange overload as a child!! But I totally appreciate your enthusiasm! I love that VS makes team shirts that are adorable and girly - genius! And that jewelry is to die for, Vol fan or not!!

TLF said...

Oh, way cute!!

Lauren said...

I hope the state of Florida is super sad on Saturday... B/c with your team playing Florida and mine playing Florida State this week, well, I'm hoping for a big state upset!

henning love said...

love that outfit! and love how you paired heels with it, makes it more chic, definitely very good i love the color of the volunteers one of my favorite colors of the moment

Brother said...

To answer your question about who my favorite college team is...it is the James Madison Dukes. Hey look, they even have a picture of them on your rocky top forum...

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Super cute! I'm going to Tenn next month and we are trying like crazy to get Vols tickets...but they are playing LSU so I doubt it's do-able :( At the very least we are going to tailgate. SOOOOO excited :)

Megan said...

I love college football!! However, we are LSU Tiger fans all the way!! : )

P! said...

Love it. And Victoria's Secret is making me love it even more with their cute athletic tees!! Have a wonderful weekend!

christine donee said...

I cheer for a school that I only went to for one year. People usually roll their eyes at me.

whatever.

boomer. sooner.

Fash Boulevard said...

love it. adore this post. I hope you had a great weekend. I'd would love to hear what you think of my latest outfit post. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

For all the latest fashion news from an LA stylist follow on facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fash-Boulevard/137375899661727

Bel said...

Okay those nude pumps are AH-MAZING. I want them on my feet right now.

Belly B :)

Rachel said...

LOVE this! I am a UT fan as well- good ole Rocky Top! We should exchange outfit ideas ;)

The Presutti's said...

I"m at UT Fan too!! Go VOLS! Love the outfits you picked out for game day!

Catherine Fishback said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog. I love this outfit combo! And this may sound silly, but I've always liked the checkerboard pattern of Tennessee's endzone. And I know someone who went there who is really cool. ;)

XO,
Catherine
http://bradfordandcatherine.blogspot.com/