HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday’s Fancies and Some Blanks

What a great way to end a horribly rainy and soggy week here in the DC area! I mean, really… it’s bad. Water rescues going on up the street from my house last night and everything. I’m linking up with {av} over at {long distance loving} for a Fashion Forward outfit this week. I came up with probably one of my favorite outfits thus far. It’s the outfit I’ve been wanting to wear for quite some time now, I just need somewhere to wear it to!

Fashion Forward

 

Comptoir Des Cotonniers blouse, $175
Miss Selfridge short mini skirt, $30
Lauren by Ralph Lauren sheer stocking, $18
Stiletto pumps
Marc jacobs bag, $1,670
Mixit pearl bangle, $16
Michael Kors Watches oversized watch, $320
18k jewelry, $45
Vanessa Mooney layered chain necklace, $135

I am currently in love with neutrals and taupe just seemed like a perfect match with that crisp, burnt orange color. Perfect for Fall? I vote “yes!” If I were rich and could afford this outfit {ahem, the Marc Jacobs bag alone is $1,670!} I’d probably have to get it in multiple color ensembles. And yes, I do wear two nail colors at once occasionally. I’d paint most nails in the orangey “Alligator Purse” shade and then save the taupe “Chinchilly” for my ring fingers. It’d look rad. Trust me. The gold splashes of accessories just add a whole lot of fun and richness to the outfit. Also, tights with “mini-ish” skirts are all the rage this Fall and I can’t WAIT to start sporting the look!

I’m also linking up with Lauren over at The Little Things We Do for Fill in the Blank Friday! It’s been three weeks since I’ve taken part and I’ve missed it!

1.  Somewhere someone is      thinking of me, duh :)

2.   Pinterest      is/are my muse. I know I’m not alone on this one!

3.  It would suck if      listening to CD’s in the car   was no more, because     I don’t know what I’d do without my mix CD’s. iPod playlists just aren’t the same!

4.  Going down to Richmond this afternoon to spend the weekend with two of my best friends     is/are my favorite thing about today. It’s been TWO YEARS since I’ve had a girls’ weekend!

5.  Life is kind of like    a sunset. Each day is different, each moment passes by faster than we even realize but we still have that beauty in front of us and the hope for tomorrow.

6.  If I could have anything I wanted I would want     true happiness and the promise of a bright and successful future.

7.  A funny thing happened the other day...     Okay, so this didn’t actually HAPPEN the other day {it happened about two years ago} but my friend Jenna & I were reminiscing crying-laughing about it yesterday. I was in Richmond visiting and we were getting ready to go out that night when POP POP POP rings out in the air. I literally dove onto the floor, covering my head, warning everyone to take cover because of the “gunshots.” Jenna, to this day, says they were just fireworks. Mmmhmm suuuure :)

Shooting

True Life: I’m Afraid of Loud Noises. That’s a post for a different day. Please notice the drink still in hand.

Well, my loves. That’s all for this week! I hope for safe travels this weekend and my prayers go out to everyone affected by this flooding as well as the fires in TX. I’m praying for a very, very peaceful weekend for this country.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, I love this outfit and would wear it in a heartbeat. Good job lady!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo,
Joelle

Anonymous said...

Love #5, and your POP POP POP moment made me laugh LOL :b

Beck said...

Hi! :) I stumbled upon you from Lauren's. Oh man... I can't believe that I missed putting pinterest down as my muse. it SO is!

Nadine-Adele ♥ said...

LOVEEE this outfit - the colours and that blouse is adorable :)
nadiine-x

Marian said...

I'm a sucker for gold accessories!! Love the outfit!

Sara said...

Enjoy girls' weekend! It's been wayyyy too long for you!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

Love that outfit!!! Sigh... a girl can only dream :)

Have a fun weekend! XOXO, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights

Lauren said...

Sooo, I went to post my link and my eyes were drawn to the pic of this outfit and I was like "OMG this is SO fabulous!!!" and then I saw your blog name under it and was like "Of course it's Chelsea's" hahaha.

I will wear this outfit too, please and thank you.

I had a dream last night that we were hanging out with Jenna, and we were taking small bites of cupcakes and moving it around our mouths before swallowing and talking about the hidden flavors (aka wine tasting - cupcake version). Then you stopped, and you looked at us and you're like "Life is like a sunset. You get to a point where you think it's the end and you're sad that something is over... But it's just a beautiful reminder that something new is beginning. A fresh start."

It was hard to believe it was a dream, because I could see it happening, which makes me laugh :)

Amanda said...

gorgeous color palette!

Nikell said...

The accessories are gorgeous. The picture and story about the loud noise... hilarious. I would've done the same thing ^_^

Have a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Loving that outfit! Everything about it is perfect! Stay dry today and have fun this weekend with your friends :)

Susan said...

Love your outfit Chelsea! Those colors are the best. It's so chic! Have a great weekend

Hollie Ann said...

Life is a sunset obviously! ;) And I would dive for "gun shots" too! I watch too much of the wire. I have that grey/beige essy nail color it's BEAUTIFUL. Get it!!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful outfit! I love the bangles.

ashlyn | nicole said...

that outfit is gorgeous chelsea! i would love to have that in my closet!

i am laughing hysterically at your picture. i love Jenna. i hope you have a blast this weekend in Richmond!!! so happy that you finally get to have a girls weekend. i need one too!

Ashley said...

Loving this outfit! Super gorgeous. I'm a big fan of these adorable Essie colors! Hope you had a great weekend :)

Fash Boulevard said...

hahaha. love this combo, but love the hilarious photo even more. hold that drink girl. adore this post. if you get a second I'd would love to hear what you think of my latest outfit post. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

For all the latest fashion news from an LA stylist follow on facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fash-Boulevard/137375899661727

Emily said...

Those shoes are AMAZING, so so gorgeous. I'm a huge Pinterest fan too xxx

Anonymous said...

haha for someone who thought those were gunshots yall were quite amused LOL!!!!!!!!! :)

pinterest is addicting. i said i would never join, but i did. i just browse mostly...probably good because i know id get stuck for hours on there if i started pinning LOL!

and richmond is my hometownnnn! i miss it (ok i miss ALL things virginia).

TLF said...

I am loving this outfit!!!