HomeAboutContactSponsor

Sunday, May 12, 2013

She's the Thing I Miss Most

How coincidental that today's prompt, "What do you miss most?" is on Mother's Day.

I miss her. My sweet mom.


The one who knew me.
The one who taught me.
The one who helped me.
The one who loved me.

I miss her.

I miss her soft hands.
I miss her sweet smile.
I miss her hugs when we'd sway back and forth.
I miss her doing my hair ever-so-perfectly when I was little.

I miss her.

I miss the sound of her voice.
I miss our dance parties in the car.
I miss accidentally always matching.
I miss our lunch dates, our shopping dates, our movie dates.

I miss her.

I miss her.

I miss her.

I miss all the little things about her.
And I also miss all the big things.
The lessons. The pictures. The laughter. The bond.

I miss my sweet mom.
I miss her deeply.
I miss her painfully.
I miss her unceasingly.
I miss her in a way I just can't seem to express.

I miss my mom.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just posted about the same things. Very ironic topic for today's challenge. I wish you the best and hope the best for you on this day!

Leanne said...

I too posted about missing my sweet mama today. Very fitting this post falls on Mother's Day. I know days like this make the grief very raw. Hang in there. XOXO
Leanne
http://theroadlesstraveledtoday.blogspot.com

Kenzie Ashcraft said...

Thinking of you today!

XOXO

Unknown said...

really sweet tribute.

alice {sweet dreamer} said...

This is a beautiful post. Much love to you today. x

Sarah said...

&& she loves you so.
xxo

Amber said...

Very sweet post for your mama. Thinking of you! <3

Katie Did What said...

And the tears, the are a-flowin'. I know, girl, I know. <3

xo