HomeAboutContactSponsor

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blog Besties

I've confessed my love for her on this blog and other forms of social media before but I think it's time to dedicate this post to my blog bestie, Holly from Hey, Hollywood.

I remember one time when we were just fellow blog commenters, I saw a post by Holly [similar to this one] about how she was a total dance diva and nailed it on the dance floor [with pictures and all!] 


I knew at that point that she was awesome. Then, I remember sitting in a parking lot while running a work errand. I was reading Holly's post that day about life and school and careers and following your dreams. It was a pretty deep post for the usually light-hearted and upbeat Holly that I had been reading. I liked it. I commented and she wrote me back and it was the beginning of our blog best friendship.

Before I knew it, we were emailing each other, texting, and sending each other care packages full of stuff we both loved [because we are soul sisters and love the same things!] We may even dress alike... Okay, I totally copped her style here.


But, beyond all of that, Holly is SUCH an amazing woman and friend to me. She is so, so kind and generous and thoughtful and giving and helpful! When I talked to her about my plans to quit my job and move to San Diego, Holly met me with THE most supportive response. She encouraged me to follow my heart and dreams and backed me up 100% when so many people just gave me the side eye.

And then she checked in on me during my drive out here. And I knew no matter how many friends didn't show up for me throughout my twenty-something years on this Earth, all it took was a friend like Holly. I look up to her so much. I look up to her positive attitude, her desire to change this world for the better, her desire to be present and loving for those she cares about. And then she's friggin' hilarious on top of all of that. Refer back to those pictures of her above :)

Holly, you're a doll. My blog bestie. I don't know when the day will finally get here but I know we will be reunited. I say "reunited" because I feel like I've known you for years. Just move to California already ;) I'm so grateful to know someone as wonderful and funny as you!

4 comments:

A Life Un-Styled said...

What a beautiful friendship Chelsea, and Holly. I feel the same with a few of my blog friends here in Australia. We're so close sometimes we forget we haven't actually met and then there are others that come and stay with me and it's like we've known each other our whole lives.

Chelsea said...

I love how you can never have met someone(in come cases) and feel like you've known them forever. I think that is the best part of blogging, meeting so many amazing people :)

Holly said...

I'm tearing up! This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever said about me. You are too much and I love you for being such a wonderful friend to me. I'm so honored you shared this on your blog. OMG, I'm speechless and this doesn't happen to me....I love you :) xoxo

callie ;) said...

hi chelsea! i found your blog through holly's tweet - she's one of my real life friends (and bridesmaids)! she really is such a wonderful friend and person, and i'm glad she's blessing your life like she does mine! holls told me about your blog a long time ago, and i'm just now getting around to checking it out - look forward to reading more! (sorry for the excessive exclamation point usage.) :)