HomeAboutContactSponsor

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Creating More Support In Your Life

If you don't already know, I have a couple "life gurus" that I follow. I subscribe to The Daily Love by Mastin Kipp and start each day off by reading his daily thoughts and inspiration. I've been doing this for the past two years and can still name off stories and quotes that he's shared that have helped shape my life, my attitude, and my own thought process.

I also started following Gabrielle Bernstein and began reading her latest book, May Cause Miracles earlier this year when I was going through a rough patch. I felt trapped and wanted to live a life of miracles. This book taught me how. Well, Gabby often guest posts/vlogs on The Daily Love and while I was going back through her archive, I came across her post "Create More Support in Your Life."
This was just what I needed to read/hear. Remember a couple days ago when I posted about how I always put myself on the back burner and how, because of doing that, my entire life feels out of balance a lot of the time? Well, Gabrielle's vlog addresses this.

She tells us that in order to feel supported in life, WE must support ourselves. Wake up everyday asking yourself, "What can I do to help myself feel supported?" So, she would drink a lot of green juice, take a lot of baths, and started saying "no" more because sometimes "no" is the more supportive answer. Hmm, interesting.

It was another wonderful reminder of something I already knew. I'm going to continue to feel unbalanced and unsupported until I start supporting myself everyday. And, in turn, the Universe will not support us until we start asking it to. It makes sense. It really does.


5 comments:

Nina the selfish seamstress said...

"WE must support ourselves" <--That's major!
Thanks for posting! Def gonna check her out, and maybe that book too!

Ebone @ California Bluebell

Katie Did What said...

YES!!! Sometimes "No" is the most empowering thing to say. I love this. Checking those links out now.

xo

Ashley said...

LOVE The Daily Love!!! Can't wait for Mastin's book to come out. Now I want to read Gabrielle Bernstein's books!

Ashley {Newly Kozell} said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to check them out. Your daily routine sounds like a great way to start off the day. :)

Holly said...

It really does! I have a hard time saying "no" but I've been working on it. It's helped me feel more satisfied with what I'm doing with my life. Granted there are still a lot of times I don't say "no" but this will be a constant battle between me, myself and I. Thank you for this post. I needed it :)