HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, August 17, 2012

Letters in August

It's been a while since I've written some letters. 

Dear Chelsea,
I know your heart was a little heavy yesterday, looking back at how far you've come this past year but how far you still want to go. It's been almost one year since you left Utah. There have been so many changes this year. So many uncertainties. Your personal beliefs have changed, your priorities have re-aligned, and that's okay. Take the time to keep finding yourself and to keep finding the right people surround yourself with. It's okay to have doubts. Just stay true to you. 

Dear New Instagram [or shall I start calling you Facegram?],

[via]

Not okay. Not. Okay. So, I can zoom in and see the exact spot on a street where I was located while uploading pictures? Sure, I can "undo" the places you tagged my pictures FOR me on the map, but, really? Why did you think this was a good idea? That's what I want to know.

Here is their reasoning:  “We don’t want Instagram only to be about ‘now,’” Instagram founder Kevin Systrom told Wired via email. “Instead we want Instagram to be a visual collection of your memories — something beautiful and nostalgic.”  You're right. Because I'm going to forget what street I was on when I posted that picture in my house... Mmm, memories.

Dear Online Deal Websites,

[via]

I think I have signed up to receive all of your emails. Yep, every single one of you. I mostly just peruse but I confess, when I do find something that's a really good deal that I just can't pass up - it sure makes me happy!

Dear Summer,
I'm over you. I mean, what's the point when I have to wear a sweater and sit next to my space heater all day at work because it's so friggin' cold inside? Not to mention, I can't curl my hair because when I do and when I do go outside, the curls say, "buh-bye." I'm ready to start singing, "O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum" and "The First Noel." No?

Dear TJ Maxx,
Your "impulse buy" section at check-out got to me and I don't even regret it because this is what I scored:


For $3.99 each!! Guess I'm back on board the Essie train!

Dear Aubrey,


You turn 2-years-old today!! I'm so sad that I couldn't be here the day you were born or for your 1st birthday but tomorrow we are going to celebrate in Minnie style! You light up my life and I am so happy and blessed to be your Auntie. You are so pretty and loving! I can't wait to see how far you go in life :)

Go link up your letters with Ashley!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

I haven't done the Instagram update but, now I don't even want to! Since when do they think we want to know the exact place we posted a pictures at!? Crazy people!

julia rose. said...

Instagram just got Insta-stalkerish!! And your niece is absolutely precious! I have 4 nieces of my own and I know how much love you can have for them- it's amazing! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

First I want to say that the last letter to your niece was sooo sweet!!! I have a nephew that I am super close to and being around him just makes my day better! It's crazy how those cute little people can make you feel soo happy!

I'm not on intsgram (crazy talk I know!) but I am on fb and it just recently told me that I will be switched over to timeline at the end of aug. I could preview it and it has a map of different places I was at and also mentions where I live???!?!?! Im not ok with this! I will be searching to remove that pronto!!

Brittany Walsh said...

Loved your letters. This was my first time stopping by through the link up!

I wish our TJMaxx had Essie polish that cheap! I have a serious addiction :)

thisbeautifullifeblog.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

I don't like the new instagram update either :/ Cute nail polish! I need to do mine.

Britt said...

All your letters are awesome! Love the deal site map, who doesn't love a great deal?! TJ Maxx now sells Essie? This is going to be trouble.

tara said...

i looooove finding essie at tj maxx!

Traci said...

I hear yu on summer. I can't WAIT for autumn.

Raquel said...

Omg I'm so over summer too! I hate east coast summers. I'm ready for fall and winter

Nicole Marie said...

yeah i'm not liking the new map thing on instagram. it's creepy

Holly said...

Dear Chelsea - you are awesome. Never change what makes you you! Love you whole bunches, sweet friend! I am so proud of you and how far you've come in a year. You deserve only happiness and snuggles with your sweet and silly niece. xoxo

P.S. that Instagram thing is creeps! I didn't know it did that!