I couldn't NOT post about last night's events in the Olympics.
#TeamUSA. Need I say more?
Was I bummed to find out hours before the gymnastics event aired here that the women's team had taken the gold? Yes, yes I was. [And I sure hope I'm not spoiling anything here.]
But I still watched the event and boy, am I glad that I did.
Things that made me get all teary-eyed - [Oh, come on... I know I'm not the only one]:
1. Seeing the girls looking stellar in their red leotards.
2. McKayla Maroney's vault. HOLY COW! In my opinion, she deserved a perfect score.
3. Watching Kyla Ross' beautiful lines and extension on the beam
4. Watching Gabby Douglas literally FLY through the air.
5. The last moments of Aly's floor routine, realizing they had won gold.
6. Team USA waiting in anticipation for their final score and confirming the gold.
7. Seeing Jordyn Wieber's ecstatic smile and awesome leadership
8. And, of course, the medal ceremony...
There were so many amazing moments. I just sat there thinking about what was going through the girls' minds as they were given their gold medals and as they watched their flag wave, listening to the National Anthem.
They are said to be the greatest Women's Gymnastics team of all time... and I believe it!
It all makes you think about your dreams, your goals, why you never trained for the Olympics. Ha :)
Oh, and congratulations to Michael Phelps on his amazing 19 Olympic medal record! WOW! It was a golden night, for sure.
What was your favorite Olympic gymnastics moment this year?