HomeAboutContactSponsor

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Weekend Wore Me Out

You're supposed to feel refreshed after the weekend, right? Well, I don't. I feel the exact opposite actually. Worn-out, tired, drained, blah. Hardly had a moment to just breathe and right now, breathing is what I need most. Lesson learned.

The weekend started off by leaving straight from work to meet up with a friend. We had dinner and then headed to the movies to see 21 Jump Street. Well, when we went to get tickets, the movie had been "cancelled" so we had to wait another hour to see it. Luckily, the weather was nice so we walked around and explored some new shops including a designer consignment store. Awesome! Still walked away empty-handed.

Ffx

After the movie, we walked over to Pinkberry because I was craving fro-yo. Like Georgetown Cupcake, the line at Pinkberry in the DC area also wraps around the building. We waited for about 20 minutes before I got my yummy blood orange fro-yo with strawberries and blueberries! 

Pinkberry

Saturday day was spent getting miscellaneous things done [because isn’t that what every Saturday is for?] I had to make a trip to my storage unit to pick up a few things. I do not enjoy going there. Would you enjoy this horror movie-esque place?

Storage

Saturday night was spent in DC with Raquel for dinner at Matchbox Vintage Pizza Bistro in Chinatown. We had tried to go there just over a month ago before catching a movie but the wait had been too long. This time, they told us the wait would be an hour. Fiiiine. So, about fifteen minutes into our wait, we're chatting and taking pictures of the pretty bonfire outside and Raquel smacks the "pager" and says something along the lines of, "hurry up already!" Well, guess what - the pager goes off right then! Go figure!

Mfire

The menu had a little bit of everything but since we were at this fancy-schmancy pizza bistro, we both went with pizza. We may or may not have finished every piece AND ordered their chocolate chip bread pudding. It's tough to say :)

Matchbox

Sunday was a pretty typical Sunday with church, family, and visiting my Mom's grave. It was the latest I have probably ever visited a cemetery. The sun was almost completely gone but, you know what? It still wasn’t creepy. I just feel a calmness whenever I’m there.

AubChair

There’s my little niecey being all fascinated with the old rocking chair. She can put a smile on anyone’s face :)

So, looking back on that busy weekend makes me even more exhausted than I already am. I really need to start setting aside time to just regroup and recharge [didn’t I JUST write a Journey Forward post about this?] Come Friday at 3:00, the weekend always sounds refreshing and much-needed but when you jam-pack your schedule, it ends up being just as hectic as the work week :( I’m working on that. What did you do this weekend?

12 comments:

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I hate feeling like that on Mondays
:( Try to get in bed before 9:00 tonight to catch up on some zzzz's. But I should eat my own words because I will be exhausted all day then not go to sleep till midnight haha. Looks like you had a pretty good weekend though! Hope you get some rest! xoxo

Jax said...

Girl, I have read on multiple blogs that we all seem to have just done a LOT this weekend! It's as if we all came out of winter hibernation or something.. haha.. I would have loved to have today off to regroup, too.

Love the way you described the cemetery in terms of teh sense of calm you get. It's been awhile since I visited my dad's grave. I should do that..like asap... Sometimes I avoid things that bring back emotional memories. But, I should really just embrace them more b/c I'm sure it would be a similar, calming effect...

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

We were talking about that exact same thing this morning! Go go go all weekend long just to crawl into a Monday not feeling refreshed or rested! Hope you get caught up this week!

Rebecca said...

We did some renovation and cleaning because my boyfriend is trying to sell a house. BUT, he took me out to a nice dinner and we got to spend a lot of quality time together, so even though I'm wiped out, I'm happy :)

I hope you are able to catch up on sleep quickly!

Alex Byer said...

Ugh I feel you on the not feeling refreshed. That's me on most Mondays. It stinks, I'm sorry you have to feel it today. BUT it looks like you had a super fun weekend, so that's a total plus :)

Raquel said...

hahah that pager thing was TOO funny!! Thank god we didn't have to wait 1 hour!

Glad you had a great weekend! :)And weekend need to be longer!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Hopefully a few quiet nights in during the week will help you feel re-charged.

Ashley said...

dang woman! you did have a busy weekend! sounds like a fun-filled packed one though! Did you like 21 jump street?! i want to see it!!!

Unpublished Life said...

Sounds like a jam-packed weekend! But filled with good fun and friends, which is always a good thing ...

I know what you mean by weekends filling up quickly and leaving you exhausted - spent 10 hours shopping on Saturday (this is not an exaggeration) and it killed me and was probably responsible for my recent illness ... bleh...

Hope you have a restful week!

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

Erica said...

Yum! i love matchbox :)

Max said...

Your storage unit seems spacious! I’m pretty sure you’re also keeping some pretty important documents in that unit. Well, it is a good thing that you have that. You can keep all your confidential documents and important belongings in that unit, and be assured that your things are kept safe and protected from robbers, fires, and floods.


Max Champion

Unknown said...

LOL at horror movie-esque place. Ha! Well, renting a storage unit helps a lot of people deal with insufficient storage space. Also, storage unit owners provide various payment schemes which can cater to your budget range. You sure had a packed weekend, Chelsea. Those are some great shots, by the way.


Ericka Muldowney