HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedding Wednesday | The Dress Shot

I've been pretty active on Pinterest, if I do say so myself. No matter what is going on in my life or what I need to find inspiration for, I can find it on there. AND, Pinterest finally changed their Terms of Use! As many of you know, I'm a lover of wedding planning and have been for quite some time. About 50% of my boards on Pinterest are wedding-related. Don't believe me? Come follow me here :)

As a former bride, I can honestly say that aside from the first moments of having a ring on your finger, the other moment where you'll think to yourself, "Holy cow! I'm getting married!" is when you try on wedding gowns. Sigh. I could go on and on about that but today, I just wanted to share some of my favorite photos I've found highlighting the wedding dress on the bride's special day.


It will mainly be up to your photographer and their stellar creativity to determine where to place or hang the dress to capture it in all its glory. If you're like me, you will consider that when choosing what venue to get ready in :)

Wedding dresses look gorgeous up against the light of a big, bright window and this is how most gown shots are captured:





When browsing the wedding websites and Pinterest, I also came across some of the most creative, fun, and beautiful dress shots that I've seen. Some of the shots really encompass the surroundings and scenery:







[via]

The rest of the dress shots are each unique in their own way. I love what the photographers have done to really set the mood.











I think that last shot is definitely one of my favorites! It's so unique and beautiful.

And, just because I love you all and know you're begging to see the shot of my dress, here it is for you ;)
I sure love that dress :)

If you've already gotten married, did you have a dress shot taken? What does it look like? If you haven't, where do you dream of your dress shot being taken?

I'm linking up with The Vintage Apple as well for Pinteresting Wednesday! Go check her out and, if you haven't already, follow me below!

Follow Me on Pinterest

17 comments:

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Wow, all of these dresses are absolutely stunninggg! Love all of the different shots! Following you on pinterest now! :]

Victoria said...

Chelsea! You just inspired me to write a new post, it wil probably take some time and thought, but I was an almost bride once upon a time as well and want to post a picture in my dress and talk about the careful steps one should take before jumping in to marriage. Love this post, love the dresses, can't wait until the day I finally get THE dress I actually get married in :) Yours is beautiful by the way!

-Victoria

Aimee L said...

All of those dresses are absolutely lovely :)

Kate said...

Gorgeous dresses for sure! Here's my question - after all the pictures of you in the dress, why do photographers feel like it's necessary to have a picture of the dress just hanging there? I feel like your dress was so gorgeous and that picture really doesn't do it justice! But maybe there's something I just don't understand?

unique weddings said...

Looks so inspired of that dress, they are all look so beautiful. Great post:)

Megan said...

Your dress is amazing!! I was really disappointed with the fact that we had nowhere to hang my dress. Boo. We still have a few pretty pictures, but it just isn't the same!! That beach picture is fabulous!

Alex Byer said...

Dress shots are definitely some of my favorites. And yours is seriously gorgeous girl! I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pinned like mad ;)

Ashlyn | Let It Be Beautiful said...

These dresses are absolutely gorgeous!!! Love them Chelsea!!

Happy Wednesday

Carolyn said...

I love love love dress shots! :) I did mine in front of a frosted window, and loved it! That last photo of it draped over the chair is STUNNING though!!

MzJessicaxo said...

I love this post! As a wedding photographer I must admit sometimes I HATE doing the classic dress shot! If the venue is nice, and theres a nice window or entry way to do it in it's fun, but its those dark dingy hotel rooms that are so commonly used because "it's just for getting ready" that suck. Lots of brides forget that this room is also where all the "getting ready" and fun photo ops will be as well!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I had a dress shot at my wedding. I bought a personalized hanger that said Mrs. (insert new last name). I absolutely loved it! The photographer got several different antes and shots of my dress hanging there.

Life In Heels said...

wow! those are gorg! i loveee the first one!

Lauren said...

I love dress shots! I wish I had had a more contemporary wedding photographer... I feel like I missed out on a lot of the shots I really like because I didn't BUT I am thankful to have had a good photographer so at least the photos I got were good quality. If I get a photographer for a vow renewal in the future, I'll be paying for it myself... and so I'll get what I want this time.

JMB said...

Loving the dress shot and if and when I ever get married {I have to find someone worth jumping that broom with haha} then I will do it! Shoot yes! You pay an arm and a leg and EYEBALLS for that thing......

Jamie said...

Wow. Gorgeous.

Raquel said...

Love all these shots! And all the dresses are beautifullllllllllll

Robin said...

Each and every dress shot is so gorgeous! I definitely want my dress to be photographed against a huge window like the first one, I couldn't look away! Although the nautical/shell shot was right up my alley...good thing I don't have to decide anytime soon!