Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jewels of Remembrance

I’ve been doing a lot of writing on here lately which, honestly, is what I need and prefer. However, I figured I’d break things up just a little today.

The past week and a half or so, I have spent a good deal of time searching Etsy for the perfect piece of jewelry. If you know me, you know I love my jewelry.
Well, I want to buy a meaningful piece to remember my Mom with. I wear an infinity necklace that she gave me once I moved back to the East Coast this Summer so, I was thinking a bracelet would be perfect. That way, whenever I was thinking of her and needed to feel her close, I could just look down at my bracelet.

Here are some of the pieces I was looking at. Some of them are necklaces but if I end up going with one of those choices either the shop owner will help me turn it into a bracelet, or, I’ll just make something similar of my own!

2 Hearts Mother's Charm Bracelet - copper
[Tiny Mishaps on Etsy]

14kt Gold Filled - Angel Wing Jewelry
[Daisy Metal Creations on Etsy]

Always handstamped cuff bracelet with angel wing charm and swarovski crystal
[Lola’s Jewels on Etsy]

Personalized angel wing name necklace
[Ella Kate Jewelry on Etsy]

ABSTRACT--Mixed Metal Hand Stamped Bracelet
[Dark Chocolate N Tulips on Etsy]

Brown Chain Wrap Bracelet With Wing Charm
[aVajewelry on Etsy]

I definitely like the idea of a charm with “Mom” on it and either a little phrase or angel wings or something of the sort.

I’ll keep searching. I can’t wait to one day be wearing something in remembrance of her :)

16 comments:

Kristina said...

These are all so very pretty. The angel wing is so beautiful. Its such a nice reminder that your mom is always with you.

Young and Fabulous said...

i love this idea Chelsea :-) always having her with you!

i absolutely love the cuff bracelet with the angel wing charm, and then the brown chain wrap with wing! but they are ALL beautiful and will all have a special meaning no matter which one you choose :-)

xoxoxo

JMB said...

Great idea and a great way for you to use this as therapy to help you in different ways! :) If you are looking for suggestions then I am in love with the very last one....would look really pretty with alot and go with alot...it's also subtle...anyway, that's my favorite :) Can't wait to see which one you choose! xoxo

Alexandria said...

This is such a great idea Chelsea! I especially love the last one. It's hip and chunky, but still has a delicate flair to it :)

Miss K said...

they're all beautiful, any piece you choose will be perfect

Amanda C. said...

I like the fourth one. I did something similar for my mom. I would just worry about the gold colored pieces turning.

Carolyn said...

Such a wonderful idea! :) I like the necklace with the wing and her name. If they could make a bracelet like that, it would be so cute!!! Plus, she's your angel, so the wing is perfect!

Lauren said...

I really love the last one because it's so unique... If I were doing something similar I would choose that one and add a charm or two to the angel wing to make it really yours. I'm sure you'll find something perfect, and when you do you'll just know - it will speak to you!

Ashley said...

So sweet. These are all great pieces! They'd be perfect for you to wear for your Mom. Still thinking of you!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

I'm loving the necklaces..
They are precious!

Raquel said...

This is such a great idea! They're all gorgeous pieces. A charm one with mom on it and a special quote would be so beautiful :)

Torie said...

Aww, I hope you find the perfect piece. :) A physical reminder like that can be so, SO important and can really help.

Erin said...

These are all so beautiful---I hope you are able to find something that will help you remember your mom. I really like the one with the angel wings.

J and A said...

This is such a great idea. :) Something you could wear all the time as a reminder.

Kelsey said...

Anyone that you choose will be perfect and hold so much meaning but I love the third one!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I love all of these pieces....such a beautiful reminder of your amazing mom.