HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 Day You Challenge – Day Three

I started this whole “getting to know you” thing, ohhh… a couple months ago and of course, knowing me, I never finished it. Since I’ve gotten some new followers recently, I figured this might be a good way for you to learn a bit more about me! If you haven’t already, feel free to read Day One and Day Two of the Challenge!

[Challenge5.png]

8. Mirrors – I’m sure this is due to all of the scary movies I’ve watched in my life but nothing good comes from mirrors {except in Alice in Wonderland!} If I see a mirror on TV, I look away. I don’t like the idea of having a mirror in my room either because, well, that freaks me out! I do like them for decorative purposes though so that’s a toughie!

Pinned Image
{via}

7. Heights – I thought I conquered this one when I went up the Eiffel Tower, but that was only a temporary thing. I think it’s more vertigo than fear, but heights will probably always make me uncomfortable and ridiculously dizzy. I’m sure you can only imagine how terrified I was while taking the picture below in Zion National Park. That little brown strip on the bottom left is the road!



6. Ghosts – The thought of being trapped in an old state penitentiary overnight to investigate the paranormal pretty much puts me into a panic. I used a lot of necessary P’s in that sentence. Oh, I will also add fake “haunted houses” into this as well as Michael Myers from Halloween.

Yet, somehow I set foot in the Whaley House in San Diego – what some people claim is THE most haunted house in America. The whole time I was there, I felt like I was dragging my feet through water. They felt so heavy. Creepy!


{via}

5. Spiders – it doesn’t even matter how big or small they are. I have legit arachnophobia. No picture needed for this!

4. Lightning – I can’t do it. I know, I know you probably think it’s SO cool to look at! Not this girl. I remember one year when I was at the beach, the lifeguards cleared the sand because of lightning so everyone had to hurry back to their beach houses. Of course I’m like running/sweating/crying with a towel over my head while my friends take pictures of me.

Pinned Image
{via}

3. Tornadoes – Apparently Mother Nature terrifies me. I’ve mentioned it before but tornadoes literally haunt my dreams. I have recurring dreams about multiple tornadoes all the time. I don’t know how you Oklahoma/Kansas people do it. The other week when we had a tornado touch down nearby, they showed a clip on the news of people stuck in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, unable to move, and there is a TORNADO that crosses over the freeway. I’m pretty sure I would have had a heart attack. Not even exaggerating.

Pinned Image
{via}

2. Take-off – So, this is the fear that I’ve encountered the most and it just progressively gets worse. I am TERRIFIED of take-off in a plane. Full-on hyperventilating, pulse-racing, head-spinning PANIC occurs as soon as I hear those entirely too loud engines start up. Those seconds of stillness just moments before take-off send me into a complete panic attack.

Me before take-off in a friggin’ PROPELLER plane!!! Who does that to me?!

409873654FxjoFF_ph

1. Loss – I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. I’m scared of losing love, friendship, family, dreams. I know losing those things is part of life and part of living, but the fear will always be there.

---

Speaking of fear and loss, today I am guest posting over at Meg’s Craft Creations about how I found strength during one of my most difficult times. Meg is such a thoughtful, genuine girl {who has such amazing talent for crafting!} and I’d just love for you to head on over there to keep me some company and to check out her fun blog :)

 

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”
-FDR

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

A lot of these are on my list too!! Especially heights, spiders and haunted houses! Except I still convince myself to go into haunted places, and then hate it the whole time. haha

Erica said...

I'm terrified of tornadoes too! Luckily I've never been in one but I always have reoccuring nightmares where I'm stuck in one and it gives me great anxiety! Ugh, terrifying.

jessica said...

tornados scare me to death. we had some come in april like 3 nights in a row and i was a wreck. i was literally shaking because i was so scared! i hate them and am so lucky i don't live where they happen often.

i can't even watch the movie twister..creepy

Young and Fabulous said...

ahhh tornados...on my list FOR SURE!

ive seen a water spout (basically just a tornado on water) while my fam and i were on our boat and it was coming towards us...omg scariest EVER....seriously dont know how okalhoma/kansas people do it!

mirrors dont scare me except at night...toootally relate! ill goto the bathroom in middle of the night and wont look in a mirror! (i think bloody mary bloody mary chant will come to find me!)

ahh i think im most scared of flying....flying in general...the whole process...i get SOO scared! thinking about it makes me wanna cry right now haha ok so happy fun things like bunies and puppies and chelsea from life is a sunset!

xoxo

Lauren said...

Okay, I don't fear tornadoes actually... But go figure, I'm an Okie ;)

One of my favorite moments in my life ever was when I was flying into DC in the middle of a thunderstorm. It was seriously the most beautiful thing ever... I saw streaks of lightning all around me and I've never felt more at peace. Obviously lightning doesn't frighten me either (or takeoffs/landings).

I do hate spiders and snakes and KNIVES!!!!

Kristen said...

i hate looking at mirrors at night, it's so creepy!

KAH said...

I am SO there with you on taking off in an airplane. About 3 days before I leave the panic starts in and then it's torture until about an hour into the flight when I finally start to calm down. I hate it!

~KAH
http://cocktailsandfriendship.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

I love that you shared this! I'm going to try to do a 10 Day challenge as well!

I definitely get the claustrophobia. So miserable!!

Blake said...

Scared. To. Death. of heights. Woof.

Anonymous said...

Mirrors are scary! lol

ut the main one im scared of it heights. We went to the top of the hancock building in chicago.. uhm.. not fun LOL

TLF said...

I am so terrified of tornados!! Seriously, you don't want to be near my panic mode when the sirens start going off! hahaha!!

Sophie @ threetimesf said...

What a great idea for a series of posts :)

I am totally with you on the fear of taking off - I don't care what anyone says - IT'S NOT NORMAL!