HomeAboutContactSponsor

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloweekend

Happy Halloween, everyone! I’m about to let you in on a little secret. One that will make me quite vulnerable and susceptible to many a prank joke. But hey, in the spirit of Halloween {no pun intended} I shall let you in on one of my biggest fears. However, not yet!

First we need to talk about COSTUMES! In case you didn’t guess it last week, I dressed up as…

Pocahontas

POCAHONTAS!

I never find the costume, the costume finds me and that was certainly the case this year! The entire costume {minus the boots and necklaces} cost me under $25!

The costumes we wore this weekend sure made for awesome conversation and quotes all night.

We had to find creative ways to try and cover up my friend’s reflective tape, haha!

DSC03161

From me being tempted to go barefoot the classic Pocahontas way {don’t worry I didn’t} to everyone yelling “CABS ARE HEEEEERE” in their Jersey Rhode Island accent all night – it was hilarious!

Once we got to the party, a guy even said to me, “Oh, Pocahontas! I like your costume… because I’m a Redskins fan.” My response? “Oh. Me too!”

These ladies were tweeting all the funny things going on throughout the night so I had to catch them in action. They totally need to become bloggers! ;)

DSC03162

DSC03163

Everyone loves Pauly D!

And just in case you’re wondering, I only sang a small part of “Just Around the Riverbend” :) The Pocahontas soundtrack is amazing.

It was a great night {minus the political debate that I somehow got sucked into thanks to Pauly} Never talking politics again. Aside from that though, I wish every weekend could be Halloweekend! Dressing up as Pocahontas was a blast. I think it’s my favorite costume to date! {Probably because she’s a fellow Virginia girl, ha} But, just for fun, here’s what I may have looked like in past years:

HallowCollage1

So, now I get to tell you about that big fear of mine. Yes, I’m a huge scaredy-cat and many things like take-off in a plane and lightning scare me. However, there are only a few things that haunt my dreams and hinder my actions at certain points. Tornadoes, spiders, and… Michael Myers.

Pinned Image
{via}


I’ve seen so many scary movies it’s not even funny. Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th… those movies are “eh.” I spend more time laughing at the special effects. But Halloween? I can’t handle those movies, all because of Michael. His height, that white face, the hair, the creepy way he just randomly appears and tilts his head to the side. No can do.

Here’s what I mean:


{via}

Is he really there?
{via}

Pinned Image
{via}

He’s behind you! Classic shoulder shot of Michael rising up behind Laurie.
{via}

Seriously, you guys. This is what happens in my dreams. He appears, I fight to kill him, and then he secretly rises up like the above picture, ready to slay me. So, what do I do? Something like this:

The chase is better than the catch!
{via}

And I end up letting him kill me.

Anyway, today is Halloween. That means Michael comes out tonight. Fingers crossed that I make it out alive and I’m back tomorrow to blog. Hopefully I do because I have the rest of my Halloweekend to share with you!! Air and Scare was a blast and I’ll show you the Halloween goodies I made, so be sure to check back tomorrow for Part Two :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

P.S. I’m listening to Christmas music right now.

25 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

that photo of (i think?) mike meyers behind the bushes...GOOSEBUMPS...holy crap

arent you teh cutest pocahantus EVER! love your costume you all look amazing!

xoxox

the girl in the red shoes said...

Love your costume! You look adorable as Pocahontas! And I totally agree with you about Michael Myers...creeps me out!

C Mae said...

I love Halloween...all time fave movie...not scary of course anymore to me, but still a classic must watch once a year type film!

Simply Camylla said...

You looked super cute with your costume!!

Happy Monday,
simplycamylla.blogspot.com

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Cute costume! I'm like you.. I never go out and find the costume, the costume finds me :)

And I am a HUGE scaredy cat too. I don't watch scary movies or go to haunted houses hehe.

Happy Halloween :)

Lauren said...

I love your costume! It's so cute! :) I couldn't agree with you more! Michael Meyers is so scary! Ah!!!!

Katie said...

could you be any cuter?!?! oh my gosh, that costume is meant for you to wear. you looked amazing! so so so cute. I am OBSESSED with the halloween movies..I watched it 3 times this weekend hahaha

Sar said...

I literally laughed out loud when you wrote, "And I end up letting him kill me." Good thing they're just dreams, right?

Also, your surfer girl costume looks exactly like what I wanted to look like the entirity of my junior high years.

Mallory B said...

I LOVED this post so much! I need to come to your blog more often, I suck at being a regular reader! You looked absolutely adorable in your Pocahontas costume! I loved seeing what you've worn in the past also! Haha and of course I died at the pic of Edie and I tweeting...you so need to post that on facebook! LOVE YOU!

Denise said...

Taking off in an air plane is the best part!! hahaha.. You look cute as a surfer girl and all the other costumes! I don't do scary movies. Period!

Marian said...

Love your costume!! And I'm totally listening to Christmas music right now too:)

CALLIE said...

Love your little Pocahontas costume!! Hope you had so much fun :)

Alex Byer said...

I think I'm going to have nightmares. Gah.

But I love your costume! Super adorable :)

So shay said...

You are tooooo cute!!!! :)

Sarah @ 90 Percent Blonde... said...

My friend - who is also named Chelsea - is scared to death of Michael Myers. He doesn't bother me... who does are the people from The Strangers! Creepy!!!

Rebecca said...

Scary movies are WAY too scary for me! I got scared watching Signs! I'm impressed you can do it. Fun costumes!

Carolyn said...

Love your costume!! :)

Lauren said...

I'm loving the Pocahontas costume this year - I think it's my fav too :) So simple and yet it looks super put together, great job!!

ashlyn | nicole said...

What a cute costume! You are so adorable :) & I have to say that michael myers scares me too! :)

Glad you had a blast!!

Raquel said...

We both ROCKED our pocahontas costumes!! :) You look so cute!

Glad you had a fun halloween!

Ashley said...

Love the costume!! You're such a cute Pocahontas! Glad you had a fun weekend, girlfriend.

And if you didn't know, I'm a huge scaredy cat, and now I can't stop thinking about Michael! The creepiest.

Happy Halloween, lady! Hope Michael stays far away... Ha!

Unknown said...

You're so cute! And I'm definitely with you on the Halloween movie thing...except that's how I feel about every scary movie out there. I'm a serious scaredy cat.

Happy Halloween!

xoxo,
Joelle

Elle Sees said...

i hateeeee scary movies. i'm the biggest scardey cat and i hate haunted houses. of course i went to one this weekend.
Enter my Sift! Dessert Giveaway

TLF said...

your costume was so cute!!

Sophie @ threetimesf said...

Aww your costume is cute! I'm too scared to even watch horror movies, so you're already one up on me!