HomeAboutContactSponsor

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's Time to Re-center

I haven't done much writing lately. Writing, one of my deepest passions, and I've left it last on my list (or left it off entirely) lately. I'm busy, yes. Trying to manage working during the day with class at night along with coaching calls in the evenings. I've been half-assing my social life, trying to figure out if there is any other time to go to the gym other than at 4:30 in the morning, and my health is now suffering because of it.


I'm seeing a pattern here.

I get a ton on my plate (Let's be honest. When do we ever not have a ton on our plates?) But I let it get a hold on me.

The things that are most important to me get put on the back burner while the must-dos take first priority because of commitments to other people, meetings at work, etc.

And I know that's b/s.

One of the first things we talked about the day after I arrived in Florida for my certification program was that taking care of ourselves should always, always be our number one priority. And I think that goes for all people, not just us life coaches. 

The example of the oxygen masks dropping down on a plane was mentioned. We are always told to place the mask on ourselves first before helping someone else. You'd think it was common sense but how many times do we let ourselves down because of an obligation with someone else, or to meet a work deadline or because other little events pop their way into our day-to-day life?

I want to re-center myself this week and I invite you to as well.

Breathe. Relax. Write. And remember to be present.

4 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Love that last thought!

Cody Doll said...

SO very true. Finals are here and this is just perfect for that.

Ash said...

oh girly... the end of the year always makes me feel like this.. like, holy hell what the fuck?! bahahaha but i feel like, with the new year, comes a new chance and opportunity to start all over. to take control. to follow through with our promises to ourselves...

xoxo my little cat lady

Nats ~Coral Tinted Perceptions said...

Love your last thought ~ good luck with re-centering.. I am in need of the same thing
x Nats