In case you missed it last week, there's an article going around about a new approach to the "New Year's Resolution" thing. Instead, ask yourself these 25 questions before 2014! I've created a fun link-up for all of those who want to take part! We're answering the first 10 questions today. Find the link to the questions at the bottom of the post :)
1. What am I most proud of this year? Two things and they kind of go hand-in-hand. I'm proud to make my dream of moving to San Diego a reality despite all the nay-sayers throughout my life. In addition, I'm proud of doing the physical, spiritual, and mental work there to get where I am today. It allowed me to dig deeper than I ever have before, really connect with my true and innate self and find my purpose here in life :)
2. How can I become a better _____________? Life coach! Of course, I believe there are constantly things we can be working on and roles we can continue growing into. However, my role as a life coach will be my main focus in 2014.
3. Where am I feeling stuck? I can't say I feel fully stuck in one area really. Each week, there is a certain thing I may get hung up or stuck on, but it's usually never the same thing at once.
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace? I'm in another turning point in life. A lot of HUGE, spectacular, exciting new things are underway for my life. I have the tendency to get hung up on many little details, especially when the details are personally very important to me. I know the right thing to do is just to surrender the outcome to the Universe. Always. Easier said than done, right?
5. Am I passionate about my career? Yes! For the first time, ever, I am so entirely grateful for the career I have and am continuing to pursue. Working in the self-development/life coaching field is such a blessing. I love connecting with others and helping to lift them into their truest potential!
6. What lessons have I learned?
To surrender the outcome to the Universe.
"Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do." - Brene Brown.
"Perceive obstacles as opportunities and problems as spiritual assignments." - Gabrielle Bernstein.
AND, to savor the waiting :)
7. What did my finances look like? About the same as always! 2014 is going to be abundant. I just know it ;)
8. How did I spend my free time? At the beach! I've written so many of these blog posts, so many journal entries, schemed up new dreams and bucket list items, and experienced some deeply intuitive moments while lying out on the sand in San Diego. Among all the chaos in the world around me, I could tune it all out and just be.
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul? Number one explained this a little bit. Let's just say, this was the healthiest year yet and I'm stoked to know that I can only go up now :)
10. How have I been open-minded? I moved to a new city full of strangers where I tried new foods, new drinks, new neighborhoods, new music, made new friends, dated new "types" and completely allowed myself to get out of my comfort zone in order to live fully present in those new moments.
If you want to link up, the rest of the questions can be found in this post! Post your answers to questions 11-20 tomorrow and 21-25 on Wednesday! Have fun and link-up below! I can't wait to see everyone's reflections on the past year!