HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Shopping Style Slump

You know that feeling when you have too much on your mind and too much on your heart to even put it all into words? That's been me lately. I have so, so much I could write about and probably need to... but I don't know where to start. So, I sit here staring at the blank screen and the blip of the cursor. Hopefully, little by little I can start to sift through it all and find some clarity. However, for now, I need a little mental break.

I suppose we could compare that to how my shopping style has been lately. Yes, I said shopping "style." After all, we each have our own unique way of doing things, right? That includes shopping. I had my weekly or bi-weekly rotation of stores I'd check out for new inventory. It looked a little something like this:

Kohl's. TJ Maxx. Kohl's. TJ Maxx. TJ Maxx in another location. Kohl's.

I got comfortable.
I knew what I liked and knew where the good deals were.
It wasn't worth it to me to drive to the mall. Park. Walk. Walk some more. Try on clothes. Wait in Forever 21 lines and walk some more. So, I went where it was easy and predictable and usually pretty promising.

Maybe that's how my thought process and mental sorting has gone as of late.
"Eh, you'll spend 11 hours of your day doing day job things, then work on your handmade business, on top of other necessary things like eating, bathing, and perhaps sleeping. There is no time to think, Chelsea!"
Rinse, repeat.

So, one day I will get around to sorting through my thoughts and what direction to take next in life. For now, I'll take the first step - reconnecting with one store that I once loved so dearly.
H&M. Here are some of the goodies that I just might happen to pick up one day once I expand my shopping style again!




12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

I am loving chambray tops and chiffon blouses this year! They look so great tucked in with a cute belt or untucked [as long as they aren't too blousy! For me, at least!]

You should know about my obsession with wedges by now but, believe it or not, I don't have any close-toed nude wedges... yet! Might have to scoop these up!

While I'm not sure I could get much use out of those gold pants, are they amazing or what?

Sigh.
I will definitely, for sure be going to H&M this weekend. I will try my best to find each of these items, try them on, and see what I think! Heck, maybe I'll even try on those gold pants :)

H&M is one of "my stores" - fits my style, price range, etc.
What are some of your stores??

10 comments:

Jenn said...

I love Loft and NY and Co(but can only really afford their stuff when it's on sale). I also find some decent pieces at Target.
I hope your slump gets better soon!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I love chiffon! And I am dying for that mint sweater!

Olga said...

H&M is definitely one of my stores...and Target and Loft (because I work there and get a good discount)

The Pink Growl said...

Those gold pants are AMAZING!! I pray that we will one day soon get an H&M here!

Rebecca O said...

i LOVE the leopard print too! rawr! you should definitely get that and the mint green top!! it is always good to branch out your style from the same stores! but keep in mind, TJ Maxx has so many different styles that you are getting alot from there!

Hilary said...

I am loving chambray tops too!! I shop online a lot because I am too lazy to drive/park/walk lol.

Jessie Jones said...

I'm a Loft and Old Navy girl - they are my easy spots! I need some nude closed-toe wedges too!

Kristen said...

h&m is usually hit and miss for me, but i could buy up so much in that store right now! they have the cutest stuff!

Donna said...

I'm a fan of Kohl's and TJMaxx too. :) When I lived in NJ I liked going to the H&M in Manhattan that's right near Times Square. There was an awesome selection of things there!

Holly said...

I hope you get a chance to think about whatever is going on in your life. I know you'll figure it out. You're one of the strongest chicas I know! Love you!!!

I have been in a shopping funk because I have been relying on my usual stores - namely Old Navy. But I am planning to add a few oldies but goodies like H&M into my rotation in a couple weeks after payday! Here's to shopping style success!!! xoxoxo