Happy day after a holiday weekend, friends! I'm sure you can agree with me that these three-day-weekend things need to happen on a regular basis. I got so much done! And actually had a little time to sit down, grab a white mocha and chill for a quick second. Here's a glimpse into what my weekend looked like:
1. I went and visited Mom at dusk. It was always her favorite time of day and I think about her now whenever I see the sun start to sink lower in the sky. I've really been missing her a lot lately and going to visit that little spot always makes me feel a little closer to her :)
2. Did you see the Blue Moon this weekend? This picture didn't do it justice but it was a fun [and super unique] sight to see!
3. Firemen were everywhere around here, collecting money for MDA! I can't even tell you how excited I get to donate money during Labor Day weekend by putting money in the boot. There's just something special about pulling up to an intersection, seeing the firefighters walking around with their boots, and seeing all the people roll down their windows. Warms my heart :)
4. Do I even need to say it? The Hills Marathon! #retroMTV. It took a lot of strength to peel myself away from the TV. The final episode [although Lauren was no longer a part of it] still pulls at my heart when they play the theme song at the end... One. Last. Time.
For someone who doesn't love to shop, I couldn't stop this weekend.
1. First of all, all the Lauren Conradness motivated me to curl my hair. The humidity here kills my curls but it was fun to have a little oomph in my hair instead of the usual straight Summer hair [isn't humidity supposed to do the opposite?]
2. I have had my eye on this Lauren Conrad dress for a while now. It was on sale AND they had my size which means... it was meant to be. You can buy it online from Kohl's here. It's a little more of a watermelon color than the picture on the top right shows. They also have it online in turquoise which I think I have to buy.
3. Did you know that the whole 90's grunge phase is coming back? Maybe it isn't. But I'm bringing it back and this shirt is proof. It screamed 90's to me [and saying that I am obsessed with the 90's would be an understatement.] The pattern on the pocket is also on the back of the shirt as well. More grunge to come!
4. Here is some of my Labor Day Weekend haul. Whew! I did some much-needed damage. I didn't update my Fall wardrobe much in the past few years so this was long-overdue. By the way, that light blue shirt is also LC Lauren Conrad and it's one of my favorite shirts I've found in ages! I got a new pair of super dark wash skinnies by her that fit so well! I highly recommend :)
I also stopped by Ulta to buy my favorite foundation ever [review to come!] and also picked up one of the OPI Germany Collection colors I mentioned here last week!
And for the fun part - I cleaned out and re-organized my closet. It's not finished yet but I made some stellar progress, that's for sure! I hate not being able to see all my outfit options right in front of me so this will be great! I also did a TON of work on some After Sunset pieces!! Check back here tomorrow to see some of the new Fall line! Or be checking the store for some additions throughout the day!! :)