HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Party It Up Shabby Chic Style

When my mom first described her decorating style to me 10 or so years ago as “shabby chic” I just didn’t get it. Shabby? Not a good word. Had I known then that pairing “chic” with any word makes it okay, I would have had a totally different attitude. Grunge chic, Surfer chic, Hobo chic, 80’s chic. Haha, you name it. The older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve learned to LOVE shabby chic.

[Shabby chic designs show signs of wear and aging throughout the years. Whites and worn out pastels are popular colors. Roses are commonly seen as well as fabrics inspired by old French linens. There is an overall soft and feminine feel.]

Through event and wedding planning, I’ve seen more and more vintage-inspired parties. However, vintage is a very broad topic. It could be art deco (my favorite), Hollywood glamour 50’s, or even a Southern Gone with the Wind affair. While helping find inspiration for party décor for my baby niece’s 1st birthday party, I came across even more vintage-inspired parties. More specifically, I saw a LOT of shabby chic décor. While I plan to share some of my home decorating inspiration some other day, today I want to show you some awesome shabby chic parties! I’m linking up with The Vintage Apple for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday!

 

Shabby Chic Wedding
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I found some beautiful shabby chic tables and tablescapes!
 
Shabby Chic Wedding
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabby Chic Table
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabby Chic Tablescape
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabby Chic Table
 

 

I also found some fun shabby chic chairs and some miscellaneous party décor!

Shabby Chic Chairs
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabby Chic Chairs
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabby Chic
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabby Chic

Source: flickr.com via Chelsea on Pinterest

 

Seriously, how cute is the  3-tiered teacup and saucer stand? Future DIY, perhaps?

Don’t you want to throw a party now just so that you can have fun with some shabby chic décor? Me too. So, all my fellow party planners – next time you’re planning a baby shower, birthday party, or bridesmaids brunch think shabby chic! Antique stores are LOADED with bits and pieces to collect and use as décor. And the best part is, they can be used after the party/wedding as your own home décor!

Now I shall leave you with some inspirational words that have touched my heart recently and I hope maybe, just maybe, they’ll find their way into your hearts as well :)

Proud
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

So, friends… enjoy today and go be extraordinary.

P.S. I can’t believe I’ve hit over 100 followers! It’s an amazing feeling to be able to share what I write and what I think with so many people all over this glorious world of ours. You’re all fabulous!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! New readers – shoot me a comment or email (chelsea.lifeisasunset@gmail.com) to introduce yourselves and say hi :) One of my favorite parts of blogging is getting to know other people and I’d love to get to know YOU! :)

Now, go link up :)

google

22 comments:

Whim Wham Life said...

It's all soooo beautiful! I want to throw a party just to celebrate all things shabby chic:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh...so pretty. if only everything could be this beautiful, all the time.

Dana Fox said...

I looove shabby chic :) it's my fave decor style by far!
xox dana
thewonderforest.com

Katie said...

If I could go and get married again (obviously to Billy) I would hire you to do my wedding! I adore the shabby chic :)

natasha {schue love} said...

I love shabby chic decor...remember Laura Ashley?? It's definitely "my style" though I'm trying to branch out!

Kristen said...

so pretty, i love all the pictures and how they look.

rebecca said...

so pretty for a wedding or dinner party. very casual.

Anonymous said...

Love all the shabby chicness! Makes me re-think my wedding plan!

Design Eat Repeat said...

Wow, every single thing here is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :)

Nicole said...

Love those chairs! Totally wish I would of gone that direction with my wedding.

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Shabby chic has always been one of my very favorites, too!

You have excellent taste, m'dear! :)

Courtney said...

I love the three-tier cup and saucer stand!! I would love to make this!!

Mama’s Minute said...

If I could only have a cottage that my hubby didn't mind decorating in Shabby Chic. I try to sneak in pieces that are SC, but have to keep that masculinity for him! HAHA! Love your pins! Happy Wednesday!

Erin said...

Oh my word! I used to look at my mom, too, and say, "shabby chic? You're going to buy someone's old crap or waste money on something new that's beat up?!" ... but I so get it now. It worked when I wanted a pair of torn up jeans and said, "but Mom, they're shabby chic."

Laura Darling said...

Oh I love every single picture in this post!!!

Lindsey said...

i adore shabby chic myself, my guest room is shabby chic!! congrats on 100 followers so fast!!! But duh, your the sweetest and have a great blog. You pinned some great pics, I need to spend more time on pinterest.

Unknown said...

Ahhh I love all the Shabby Chic! Love your blog too :) Found it through Bargain Blonde :)

Felipa Villegas said...

Love this post! Just gave me a great idea for my birthday :) Southern girls love shabby chic! Thanks for writing this.
-Felipa
Felipa's Spiffy Blog

Lauren said...

I love shabby chic. It's like the perfect marriage of old and new to me.

Katie Did What said...

Okay, I need to decorate my entire house like this!!! Love love love!

Brittany said...

I love all the pictures in this post!

I am your newest follower and I would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! :)

bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Loving those gorgeous tablescapes!