HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday {7}

Friday, Friday. You’ve been coming along so quickly lately. I don’t mind it. Sometimes it just scares me though to see how fast life is passing by.

I’m excited for this holiday weekend. Holidays have always been so special to me because they’ve always been a time full of family, friends, food, and fun! (Why do they all start with F’s??) I consider myself a very festive person, no matter the holiday. I even dressed up as the 4th of July for Halloween one year. Yes, seriously!

This year, I made sure to pack the schedule full of 4th of July festivities. We will be starting the day out at an arts festival in an area here called Sugar House. They’ll have arts {duh}, live music, and ethnic food booths! I think I’m most excited for the ethnic food booths! I’ve been saying for years months how badly I want to try more foods from around the world. Well, this just might be my chance.

Then, later that afternoon we will be heading to Liberty Park for the Bula One Love Celebration!

So, first off. What is this Bula thing I’m talking about? I had never heard of it either. According to their website, “Bula” is a functional relaxation drink. Bula’s Pomegranate berry flavor is just what you need to enjoy a calming beverage from the South Pacific. Using hints of Kava root, Valerian root, Rose Hip, and B Vitamins Bula is perfect to help ease life’s tensions.”

Bula

Let’s just say I will DEFINITELY be trying one of those! I loooove pomegranate-anything!

Aside from Bula being the sponsor of this celebration, there will be food {because you can never have too much food on a holiday} fireworks, and live music. Not only will it just be live {reggae} music that will be SO chill to listen to in the background BUT The Wailers will be performing!!! Yeah, mon!

Okay, now it’s time for:

Fireworks

1.  The best news I ever received was     getting into the first college of my choice. I remember getting the first admissions letter in the mail. It was from George Mason University, and as soon as I read the words that were telling me I had been accepted, tears just streamed down my face. It was an overwhelming yet exciting feeling to be accepted into college! Then, soon after, I received a letter from CNU {my alma mater and first choice school} – I shredded that envelope open like a tiger and read the words I had been hoping for. It was wonderful news and a start to an amazing period of my life.

2.  Something I'm looking forward to is     well, I’ve always been one to look forward to things -- Things a week from now or five years down the road. I’m a planner and it just comes naturally, but lately, there haven’t been many big plans to look forward to. No vacations or buying a house in the near future. All I really look forward to is going back to Virginia to be with my family and closest friends. That’s all I want. Not sure when that day’ll come, though.

3.  Something I would never do is     buy cigarettes or ride a motorcycle.

4.  If I could choose someone to be my life coach (famous or not, living or dead), I'd choose     Oprah. Need I say more?

5.  If I had to put a label on my style it would be     casual chic, I suppose. With lots of accessories :)

6.  One should always     wear a seatbelt. Period.

7.  I want to     play Rock Band 2 with my older brother. I feel like this deserves a full blog post. With pictures and perhaps even some video. Never underestimate what this girl can do on the drums :)

As always, you can fill in your own blanks and link-up with The Little Things We Do :)

Well, friends… it’'ll surely be a new kind of 4th of July with some international flair. I wish you all a fun and safe holiday weekend and can’t wait to read about everyone’s festivities, however big or small :)

 

Photos: Shoreline Distributing , Pulsar Media

3 comments:

Katie said...

That drink looks fabulous!! I hope it comes around here so I can try it sometime. Have a great holiday weekend girly :)

Stevie Leigh said...

Oprah - good choice. Great blog, girl!

- S from Following the Walkers

Jessi LaRue (Jessi Haish) said...

Hope you're having a good weekend!
Check out my blog - I have a giveaway!