HomeAboutContactSponsor

Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday’s Fancies | Lady in Red

I’ve had this song in my head for HOURS now and it’s your turn to have it stuck in your head. If you don’t know this classic Chris de Burgh song, I’m not sure what to say to you. So, I’m linking up with {av} over at long distance loving for yet another Friday’s Fancies. This week it’s all about red!

When I think red, I think sassy and flirty! I decided to put together a cute little date night outfit. Clearly, I have had a little too much Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, and Love in the Wild in my life lately!

Lady in Red

 

Bodice dress, $330
Jane Norman summer wedge, $55
Forever21 clutch bag, $19
Bracelet, $88
H m jewelry, $6.48
VIcenza pearl jewelry, $16
M·A·C Viva Glam Cyndi Lauper Lip Glass, $14

The dress is casual enough to wear with sandals while you’re out for lunch with the girls. OR, and as I prefer it, you can dress it up with some neutral wedges and lots of fun jewelry.

The feather earrings add to the flirtatiousness of the dress and then to play off the wedges, I chose some jewelry with gold and cream tones.

I am just loving the little clutch. Not only does it also play off the fabric of the wedges but its vintage feel is a nice way to counterbalance the modern dress and jewelry pieces. Then, throw on a little red Lipglass and you’re good to go!

The clock is just for fun :) Perhaps it’s something that could be hanging in the restaurant for date night! So, this is what I dreamt up for the week. Tell me, friends… where would you be headed if you were to be wearing this? I’m thinking my restaurant would be an eclectic outdoor cafe with bits and pieces like the clock hung as decor. The soft glow from string lighting would become brighter as the sun continued to descend.

Haha, tell me that doesn’t sound sassy and flirty and fun for a date night! :)

13 comments:

Hollie Ann said...

I want the clock Chelsea!!!

Lu3Lu said...

Love it!
If I wore it, I would definitely be out on date night with the Mr. :)

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Definitely a flirty outfit!! Love that dress and the feathered earrings!

Marian said...

Love the dress and the shoes...but my favorite is the earrings!

Brunette & Blessed said...

Love your pics...that necklace is very cute!

Stephanie said...

I will totally have that song in my head for the rest of the day! :)

asj said...

love this outfit [and those terrible shows - I just can't stop]. I love the jewelry you paired with the dress, super cute!

Katie said...

Love this, I'm so into red lately! xo

Rachel said...

great outfit choice! I am digging that necklace and dress together!

henning love said...

love that red ring it is fabulous and the dress with that necklace is beautiful. i love the song lady in red too it will be stuck in my head for the next few hours, thanks!

Miss Chelsea said...

That dress! Those shoes! Sigh... super cute

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful dress! have a great weekend!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love your Lady in Red post! Gorgeous!