HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wedding Wednesday | Place Settings

I love weddings. I really do. I love every little detail and personal touch. The colors, the flowers, the food, the toasts, the cameras clicking, the love, and the new beginnings – I love it all! Every time I put together a Wedding Wednesday post, I don’t even know where to start because there are just so many things to choose from! Today, I wanted to share some beautiful table settings with you.

One of the first details your guests will set their eyes on after walking into your reception venue, will be their spot at the dinner table. There will be some people who notice the tiny, little details like the floating candles in your centerpiece or the handwritten “thank you” on their favors. Of course there are the people who are just eyeing the buffet instead :) Either way, the place setting is a wonderful way to welcome your guests to the celebration of your marriage. So, let’s get started!

If you’re going to go with black for your wedding, I think gold is the classiest color to pair it with {and I’m not just saying that because gold is a favorite color of mine!} It gives a regal, art deco kind of vibe. From the gold-rimmed plates to the gold cutlery, this is one look that will definitely impress your guests!

Pinned Image
{via}

This next look is bright, fun, and totally eclectic. I’m seeing patterned plates more and more often these days. They’re a great way to give your wedding that unique touch that you won’t see anywhere else. Plates like these can be found at antique stores, thrift shops, or even swap meets! Pick up some fun napkin holders and a colored placemat, and you’re ready to go!

Pinned Image
{via}

For you rustic-loving brides, this one is for you! Burlap, feathers, and twine will surely set the scene for any barn or outdoorsy wedding. I love the texture of the wood underneath the plates and the crinkled fabric as a table runner along with the pop of color with the yellow plates wraps up this look perfectly!

Pinned Image
{via}

Isn’t it crazy how the tiniest, most simple details can just make a look? This gold and blush place setting below is no exception. The sparkly gold ribbon between the plates and the favor wrapped in tissue paper to match the smaller plate are super easy yet totally adorable! Have I mentioned how much I love gold?

Pinned Image
{via}

If you’re renting plates and cutlery and any other glassware from a rental company {like I did} the costs will add up… rather quickly. Some of the elaborate glasses and chargers can certainly cost a pretty penny. So, if you’re a bride on a strict budget, there are definitely many great options for a fun, cute place setting as well!
You can buy plates, paper napkins, and plastic utensils from a wholesale party store to cut back on cost! Tie in your theme or color scheme and you’re all set!

Pinned Image
{via}

This place setting below has tons of little details that just make me swoon! I love the beautifully-colored glasses as well as the pretty plates with their fun designs. As you can see, the menu is hand-written on soft blue card stock and tucked into all the layers.


{via}

I’m sure we’ll also be seeing more and more rose gold incorporated into weddings and wedding decor now, like the below place setting. I just love the crackled charger paired with the peach colored antique plates. It’s traditional mixed with a little modern flair.

Pinned Image
{via}

Lastly, I'm sharing my place setting with you. When I saw these chargers at the rental showroom, I had to have them. Had to. For food, we had stations instead of a plated dinner so all plates were set up at the stations instead. We incorporated our orange orchids by tucking them into the teal napkin with our DIY menu and finished the look off with our favors!


{via}

Talk with your rental company and caterer about any specifics you have in mind regarding place setting set-up. For example, if you want to wrap a ribbon around the plates, want the napkins displayed a certain way, etc. We had a more laid-back reception and trusted our vendors to just go with it! I can’t even tell you how ecstatic I was when I saw the tables! :)

I’m loving the table settings I’ve found thus far and will always be on the look-out for more! As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest to see more of my wedding planning ideas!

What’s your place setting style?

{linking up here}

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your Wedding Wednesdays, girl... even though they make me want to go on Pinterest for hours and add to my wedding boards :) Such an obsession. Anyway, this post is gorgeous- I love all of the photos. ps. your place setting was SO you!!!

Emily said...

I love the 6th one, so pretty!

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

Your place setting is totally my favorite. :)

TLF said...

So, so pretty!! Love them all!

Leah said...

I love the last setting! And that one is yours? Really pretty!

xo-Leah
http://yoursunnyside.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute place settings! I especially love the one with burlap ! Adorable blog by the way :)

xo.Britt
The Magnolia Pair

:)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. I could look at wedding/event things all day! I love the first one, so classic and pretty but I'm also a big fan of the gold/pink setting. Gorgeous!

Jamie said...

They are all so pretty. I wonder if I'll ever be grown up enough to do something like that... Probably not :)

Cristie Young said...

OMG I love them all. With so many choices it is hard to pick a favorite :) You have great taste!

Cristie
keepingupwiththeyoung.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I probably shouldn't have read this... now I just want to change my place settings. :)