HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wedding Wednesday | To Top It Off

I don’t know about you, but I have such a sweet tooth… especially this time of year. I have been picking out a million dessert recipes lately that I’d love to try but have held out on every single one. Whew, self-control. So, today for Wedding Wednesday, I’m talking about the thing that tops off the sweetest part of every wedding day – cake toppers!

As some of you may already know, I love wedding cakes. Not even eating the wedding cake, but just seeing the different designs, motifs, and colors that are used. Cake toppers are another great way to personalize your wedding cake and add a little something special about you and your lovebird.

I’ve seen some fun and also hilarious renditions of the traditional bride & groom topper:

Plumber and Princess Wedding Cake Topper Kissing  FREE shipping til December 20
{via}

LOVE ANGELS Wedding Cake Topper-love bride and groom with sweet heart - Couple
{via}



{via}

This is what I assume Whitney will be having as her cake topper. She’s a gator.

Customized Wedding cake topper
{via}

Yep, you can even have cake toppers designed to look just like you and your man in, well, bobble head form. Still not sure how I feel about this. Thoughts?

Aside from the bride & groom topper, you can always use initials. I think this is a great, classic way to make the cake your own and there are many fun ways to do so!

White Monogram Cake Topper-Custom  A-Z FREE SHIPPING
{via}

Burlap wrapped letter M - wedding decoration monogram for cake topper, table centerpiece
{via}

Custom Initials Heart Wire Wedding Cake Topper
{via}

And, as always, you can take a completely different route and just find something fun and “you” to top that tasty treat :) Whether your wedding is whimsical, modern, or off-the-wall, you’re sure to find something perfect!

Pinned Image
{via}

Pinned Image
{via}

Love Bird Wedding Cake Topper, Summer Green, White Flower, Outdoor Wedding, Wedding Gift
{via}

Which style would you/did you choose?

Cake toppers are so much fun to look at. I hand-picked most of these from different Etsy shops so if you’re in the market for a fabulous cake topper, I’d say that’s a great place to look! So many shops are willing to work with you to create the perfect custom design just for you and your groom :)

---

On a completely un-wedding-related note, here’s a little something my mom randomly said to me yesterday:
”So, your boy got nominated for an Oscar.”
While it was actually a Critics’ Choice nomination that he received instead of an Oscar, I’m proud to say that a) my favorite movie pretty much ever received eight nominations {tied with The Help!} and b) it’s nice to know people refer to him as ‘my boy.’ I’m glad we’ve cleared that up.

Lastly, Ryan… I love you and your beautiful work in Drive :)

12 comments:

Kristen said...

i love the clay ones, they're so creative!

Lauren said...

I loooove initials. We didn't have them on our cake, but we had them below and I don't think I've ever spent so long bedazzling something in my LIFE. Worth it though, I still have them and display them in our room on our dresser :)

Jenn said...

I really like the initial, and the 'We Do' birds! Super cute!

Ashley said...

These toppers are adorable!!! I love all of them. I was dying of the Mario and Peach ones. Hahah! But I really love the bird toppers- both of them! So cute.

whitney said...

i want those gators!!

maybe i will have them on my birthday cake instead...since no wedding is coming up.

can't wait to [celebrate] have dinner FRIDAY!!

TLF said...

love them all! The Gator ones are awesome!! :)

Megan said...

These are some pretty awesome cake toppers! Something for every type of personality...I really love the 'we do' birds! Love!

Carolyn said...

I love all of these! I almost wish we had done a cake, so I could have a cute topper! :) But our cheesecakes and cupcakes were yummy and adorable too! HAHA

Britt said...

I love the Gator toppers!

Yay for Drive! Best movie of the year, in my opinion;)

Britt said...

The second wedding cake topper is adorable! Their little eyes and her little bouquet is precious!

Raquel said...

I love the gator toppers!! Ahhhh so cute!

Kalpesh said...

This article is wonderful as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed.I am thankful as i got your article when was searching monogram wedding cake toppers