HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, December 8, 2011

End of 2011 Make-up Review

In case you don’t already know, I live life on a very tight budget. Always have {by choice} and always will! I love a good steal and, in most cases, won’t make a purchase unless it IS a steal. That said, today I’m going to share with you some of my latest make-up finds and my review for each!

I’ll start off by saying that I LOVE e.l.f. make-up! I’ve yet to try their eye shadow because I’m too in love with my MAC eye shadow {the one brand I WILL splurge on!} Also, I’ve been paying more and more attention to what companies continue to test on animals. That is a BIG no-no in my book. HUGE. I can proudly say that the items below were NOT tested on animals :)

 

Fave-Cosmetics

1. e.l.f. Studio Contour Brush $3.00
2.
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia Fusion $3.00
3.
e.l.f. Studio Tone Correcting Powder $3.00
4.
Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Bold Curves Mascara $5.00-$7.29

e.l.f. Contour Brush

Well, I had originally been praying for some MAC brushes to magically appear in my hand one day. Since that didn’t happen, I went to Target and walked away with this synthetic-bristled eye shadow brush. While I don’t have a MAC brush to compare it too, I’m still in love. The bristles are super soft and work perfectly for my windshield wiper technique in my crease!

By the way, any Sigma brush users out there? I’ve been wanting to order a few of their brushes but I don’t love that they’re not all synthetic :(

e.l.f. Blush in Fuchsia Fusion

One of my favorite items of make-up EVER. Yes, ever. The color is exactly what it says it is – fuchsia fusion. It’s a bright tone with just a touch of glimmer to make your cheek bones POP! Another great thing about this blush is that a little goes a long way! I just barely have to touch my brush to the powder and it glides smoothly onto my face. My first bit of it has lasted me over six months! I just bought my second blush yesterday and won’t have to use it for another couple of weeks. $3.00. Lasts a long time. Oh, and the packaging is very high-quality. Definitely reminds me of MAC.

Pocahontas is a fan.

Poki-Blush
e.l.f. Tone Correcting Powder

This is one item from e.l.f. that I haven’t been over-the-top in love with. The reviews on it are mainly good, however, I just didn’t notice a HUGE difference. This powder acts more as a mattifying powder for my skin and did less to the actual tone of it. I did notice a small difference though because I have red undertones in my skin. Again, just nothing major for me. The good thing is that it was only $3.00! Gotta love it :)

Rimmel Max Volume Flash Bold Curves Mascara

What a mouth-full. You have to say the name in a British accent like in the commercial. Seriously. It’s fun.

This is literally one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE mascaras! I never thought I’d find one better for my lashes than L’Oreal’s Voluminous Mascara. However, this lime green bottle of VA-VOOM is it! PLUS, they don’t test on animals {unlike L’Oreal!}

I love curved brushes. Check. I love wet mascaras. Check. I love lift. Check. I love volume. Check. I love mascaras that last all day. Check. This mascara has everything I look for, not to mention, I got it for under $5.00! And people pay how much for mascara? You know you’re using an amazing mascara when you take it off and your lashes continue to stay lifted and curled.

--

So, there you have it – some of my make-up discoveries this year! I have a few more beauty finds that I’ll share with you before we’re onto 2012!
What are some of your recently discovered make-up products? Do tell! :)

16 comments:

Home on Poplar said...

I love ELF products! Especially their brushes and eyeshadows! And I'm going to have to check that mascara out... I can never find one I am happy with.

the girl in the red shoes said...

Thanks for sharing! I think I need to try that mascara!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Great review girl!! Have that mascara and I love it too!

Anonymous said...

Great reviews!

I tried the correcting powder myself and wasn't impressed..

Lia Joy said...

LOVE elf makeup products!! I use the same blush! I'm having a giveaway (that ends today) with a whole bunch of elf makeup products and nailpolishes (in case you're interested in trying some of their other products for free!)!!

Kristen said...

i love their blush! i tried their eyeshadow and i like it, but i'm sticking w sephora, mac, and urban decay, they're a better quality i think.

Lindsey said...

Great reviews love. And obvs, you know how I feel about e.l.f. I use that contour brush every single day for my crease and i loveeeeeeeee it. The BEST. I'll have to try that blus color out, looks so good on you!!

Chelsea L said...

Ooo great reviews. My mom is taking me Christmas shopping at Target tomorrow...may have to sneak these into the basket ; )

J said...

Thanks for sharing this!! I've been wanting to revamp my makeup routine, so I've been looking for suggestions!

TLF said...

Seriously gonna try that mascara! I've been in the market for a new kind.

Vivian said...

You look so PRETTY in your pocahontas costume..I just couldn't help but noticing it aside from the blush.. :) Are you serious about the mascara? I'm going to have to try it out for sure, I've been using L'oreal Voluminous Mascara for like 12 years now. Time for a change! Thank you!

Raquel said...

I'm totally with you about shopping on a budget. I just can't spend $20 on a freaking eyeshadow...no thank you! There are so many drugstore products out there that are just as amazing(if not, even better!) than "high end" products.

I've never tried e.l.f products! I keep hearing such great things about them, I really need to try them out!

Alyssa said...

Definitely gonna check out that mascara! I am in desperate need of a new one!

Unknown said...

I've been wanting MAC brushes to magically appear in my makeup bag too...I have a set of Mary Kay brushes that my sister got me two years ago for Christmas, but they're getting kind of old...I might need to try these ones. Until I get my MAC brushes too, of course ;)

Happy Thursday my dear!

xoxo,
Joelle

Unknown said...

Great review! These products sound great.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

ELF SLUT OVER HEREEEEEE! Their "c" brush is amazing. and the HD powder--it rivals anything out there. and i've gotta try Rimmel mascara!
I'm giving away 5 shirts from StyleMint! Wanna enter?