HomeAboutContactSponsor

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wedding Wednesday | Fancy Side Ponytails

A great way to add pizazz to your everyday ponytail is to wear it to the side. More recently, brides have chosen side ponytails for their wedding day hairstyle, adding curls and braids to give it some volume and texture. Today for Wedding Wednesday, I'm sharing some different variations of this look.









1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |

As you can see, there are many ways to spruce up a side ponytail. Make it you! Whether you like lots of big curls, a French braid, a loose fishtail braid, a big flower barrette, or beachy waves, if you're a side ponytail kind of girl, you can make this style unique!

My favorites would have to be the fourth hairstyle [with the French braid AND the fishtail braid wrapping around the ponytail if you didn't catch that] and for another look, I also like the sixth hairstyle. I have a thing for knots and texture :)

Which is your favorite?

8 comments:

Alex Byer said...

This makes me feel special because I'm rocking the side pony today. Mine is not nearly as fancy as these, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to rocking one on my wedding day someday :)

Alisha said...

These are gorgeous, and definitely make me want to get married ALL over again just to try out different hair styles. LOVE these. The loose fishtail braid is by far my favorite!

Carolyn said...

I did this for my wedding day, so I may be a little biased, but I think it's a gorgeous look! :)

Amanda said...

Here from Ashley's blog! I think I like your picks, plus #7 the best of them all.

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Those are all gorgeous! I'll have to keep these in mind!

Unknown said...

I love side pony tails! Number 3 is my absolute favorite.

Kristen said...

i love the side ponies, but the only thing for wearing one for your wedding is that it only looks good photographed on one side. since your taking 100s of pics i think it's better to do a look that looks great photographer from any angle

Anonymous said...

I'm a bride-to-be, and I will be wearing this hairstyle on the day of the wedding!
@ Miss K - I have to respectfully disagree. Your hair may only look good from one side, but that doesn't mean you don't have to ;) That space in your hair lets people see your earrings and jewelery and to be quite honest sometimes you want to show those off! Also the ponytail and any bangs you have can still be seen, so I think it's really not that big a deal.