HomeAboutContactSponsor

Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Summer Style

Well, friends… this weekend, I’m headed to the beach! AND I’m getting paid for it :) My job has some serious perks. I’ll be working a tradeshow there which I am super excited about. There are a bunch of us going and, from what I’ve heard, there is lots of fun to be had. While I’ll be doing my best to look cute in a company polo during the day, the nights will be all about fun, summery, beach clothes! So, I wanted to tell you about two of my favorite fashions this season!

Let’s get started, shall we?

I have become quite the lover of high-low dresses and skirts. I especially love the high-low maxis that go all the way to the ground! I’ll be taking two with me for this trip [a girl has to have her options, okay?] Here are some of the looks that I’m currently adoring:

Peach/coral high-low dress. Love the belt paired with this dress!

high low skirt

Cute High Low Dress - Ivory Dress - Coral Pink Dress
[via]


I just love the texture and graceful flow of the high-low look!

Wedges are my go-to shoe for the Summer. I could live in wedges. Not even kidding. I’ll be chilling in my sandals while on my feet all day, but wedges are going to be the perfect shoe for a company dinner on the boardwalk. The kind of wedges I go for are not too tall, they’re comfy, and add just the right amount of femininity to any outfit! Here I am wearing my favorite pair:







I wear these Steve Madden wedges all the time. I love them so much that I went back to DSW [while they were on sale] and got a second pair in chocolate brown! You can find those here! I'd recommend going into your nearest DSW to see if they carry other colors because my local store had about 6 different colors! :)

I’ll do my best to take pictures throughout my trip! To follow along [and see which wedges I end up wearing] you can find me on Instagram! [@chelseasunset] I’ll try not to make you too jealous of my room with the ocean view ;)


What are your favorite Summer fashions this season? Which trends are you loving or starting? :) Do tell!

And [drumroll please]... the winner of any bracelet from my Etsy shop, After Sunset is - Holly from Running in Stilettos! Be looking for an email from me soon to discuss details :) Congratulations!!

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Those wedges are ADORABLE! LOVE THEM! :) Have a fun work trip! I wish I could go work at the beach! HAHA

The Michelle Show said...

Im not a huge fan of the high-low! I don't know why it just looks so strange to me, like part of the dress is missing haha!

Olga said...

I think I love the maxi trend more than high/low but both are cute! And wedges yes! They're so comfortable. I never wear heels, just wedges!!

For the Record

KRISTIN said...

I am a huge fan of the low to high skirts! I need to find some for this summer. I have a pair of Steve Madden gold wedges and they are my FAVORITE summer shoes!

Have a blast!

Kristen said...

i really love the high-low trend as well and those shoes are so super cute!!

Holly said...

One: I too am loving high low skirts and dresses. Just need to buy one! I'll be checking up on your outfits via Instagram! have fun love bug!

Two: Shut the front diggity door! I won! I'm a PUMPED to pick out my bracelet! Eeeeek!

tara said...

i just bought a high/low dress! can't wait to wear it!

Raquel said...

I love the high low style! I have an adorable high-low skirt from forever21 that I wear on special occasions. I love it!